The Self-Portrait Dress: Is It Worth It?

Chances are you have heard of Self-Portrait. I want to make this absolutely clear – I discovered the brand way before it was really discovered. You know what I mean? It’s a London based brand born out of Central St. Martins (one of the best design schools in the world) and I love their aesthetics. Self Portrait dresses are very feminine, very romantic and wispy. A Self-Portrait dress is the perfect dress – you cannot argue with that. So what's the verdict?

The Shopping Experience:

I bought Self Portrait dress and a jacket from a sample sale. They don’t have a separate store but sell on online and certain other department stores. I don’t think it would be fair to comment on the sample sale experience as the Self Portrait store experience. Of course if you buy their clothing from Self Portrait Dress Sale online store it will be similar to any other item you purchase from Selfridges.

The Price:

A Self-Portrait dress is usually about £250 to £500 bucks each. That’s quite a bit! I will confess and say I got mine for £50 bucks and spent another £50 altering it. This is pretty much the only ‘occasion’ dress I own and will probably be wearing this to every wedding needs to wear something decent to. The price I paid is definitely worth the dress. And you can buy the Self Portrait Sale online.
 
Self Portrait Dress

The Pattern and Design of Self Portrait Dress:

As you can see, the Self Portrait designs are striking. These are beautiful dresses and of course, very popular and you can see this by how many other brands have copied this design. The Self Portrait guipure lace dress was what sparked the whole transparent paneled dress trend which everyone from Reiss to Whistles. I loved their dresses but I saw this picture on Instagram and fell in love with this particular Self Portrait dress. My favorite colors, understated and still edgy. I hunted for this dress like a crazy person! And honestly, this dress was the only reason I went to the sample sale. I went in and only looked for black and white and couldn’t believe my luck when I found the dress.

The Quality:

There is no doubt about it. The quality of these Self Portrait dresses is top notch. You know the material is of a good quality – it’s very heavy, the pleats in the skirt are perfect and the lace is of fantastic quality. However, seeing the quality I can take a guess that this is the kind of dress you keep for a long time. You take it out and wear to every fancy occasion you get an invite to. This is exactly what I wanted and intent to do.

So Will I Buy Again?

Well, honestly, yes, I might. If I need another fancy dress I will probably look at the same brand. I also think for up to about £200-250 their dresses are great value. But above that is when I start questioning the value. If I find the Self Portrait dress sale I would definitely like to pick one up. 

Source: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Highly Suggest Consider Self Portrait Dress

Self Portrait Azalea Dress Is Great

Self Portrait Dress with Superb Desig To Help You Look Wonderful